Martina Franca and the surrounding areas of Alberobello, Locorotondo, Ceglie Messapica, Noci, Mottola and Massafra in the areas of Bari, Taranto and Brindisi (Puglia).
Beast of burden and mule production
a) coat: black, distinct belly, grey inner legs; white muzzle; light rings on muzzle and eye bags; anus, vulva, scrotum and prepuce are dark, black hairs;
- Head: flat and large forehead, not too heavy, well developed jaws and wide canal; prominent orbital arches; long, straight and very firm and flexible wide-based ears with a rich furry pinna.
- Neck: muscular and wide fixed base.
- Shoulder: properly inclined and fixed.
- Withers: lightly marked.
- Dorsal-lumbar region: rectilinear with wide areas, muscular and harmoniously fixed.
- Loins: large and well fixed.
- Back: muscular, large and long.
- Chest: muscular and large.
- Thorax: well developed, preferably deep.
- Arts: robust, short tether and tibia.
- Joints: large, often dry.
- Pasterns: regular
- Hooves: linear, solid and preferably large.
c) character: enough lively
d) other features: frugal
4) BIOMETRIC DATA (cm)
|minimum chest circumference||145||140|
|minimum shin circumference||19||17|
5) ASPECTS THAT PROVOKES THE EXCLUSION FROM THE ANAGRAPHIC REGISTER
- Coat: not black coat, noy grey belly and inner leg
- Balzana: white spots, white hoof
- Head: not grey muzzle, drooping ears
- Size: extremely different from the standard